- 110kg of dry mortar gives 1m² at 100mm thick (2 hours)
Firestem Mortar is a fire rated load bearing system providing up to 4 hours fire protection to compartment walls and floors around service penetrations.
When mixed with water it can be poured or trowelled into service penetration openings preventing the passage of flame, smoke and toxic gases for periods of up to 4 hours.
- Gas and smoke tight
- Fully tested up to 4 hours and are tested to BS476 Part 20
- Suitable for use in masonry walls and concrete floors
- Quick dry for ease of installation
The Firestem Mortar system has been tested by Warrington Fire Research Consultants according to EN 1366-3:2009 and BS476 part 20.
Horizontal Seals (load bearing in concrete floors)
- Form a temporary (or permanent) shutter to the underside of the floor
- The correct amount of Firestem Mortar is then mixed by hand or power mixer and cast into the aperture. Thickness depends on fire rating required.
- Form a temporary (or permanent) shutter to one face of the aperture
- The correct amount of Firestem Mortar is then mixed by hand or power mixer
- The remaining face of shuttering will be installed in stages. This will allow the compound to be poured or plastered into place and enable tamping/consolidation of the material.